Score: Oral Roberts 59 – North Dakota State 58
Records: Oral Roberts (10-12, 7-3 SL); North Dakota State (6-17, 19 SL)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – Faith Ihim hit a running layup with 15 seconds for the Oral Roberts women's basketball as they held off a final shot from North Dakota State to escape with a 59-58 victory Thursday night.
The Golden Eagles saw a 13 point lead disappear late in the fourth quarter but only officially trailed the Bison for less than 15 seconds. The defensive minded Golden Eagles held NDSU from a shot attempt in the final 12 seconds, twice knocking the ball away to hold on to The Summit League win and snap a two-game skid.
Ihim finished with eight points including the eventual game-winner and also added 11 rebounds. Jordan Doyle finished with 12 points as Kaylan Mayberry and Blair Bryce added 11 points each to lead ORU offensively. Bryce added nine boards to narrowly miss her second double-double.
The Bison were led by Taylor Thunstedt who finished with a game-high 14 points. Marena Whittle added 11 points and nine rebounds for NDSU in the loss.
Faith Ihim took a Jordan Doyle pass and drove the right side of the lane to hit a running layup with 15 seconds left in the game. Ihim's layup put ORU on top 59-58 as the Golden Eagles finished off a defensive stand in the final 13 seconds to help preserve the victory.
Oral Roberts: Jordan Doyle scored 12 points as Blair Bryce added 11 points and nine rebounds.
NDSU: Taylor Thunstedt scored 14 points and added three steals and three assists.
- After shooting 37 percent in the first half, both teams shot above 40 percent in the second half.
- ORU won the rebounding battle (37-35) for a fourth straight game.
- ORU turned the ball over just four times in the first half while finishing with 13 in the game.
- Three Golden Eagles scored in double figures for the first time since Jan. 23 against Denver.
- ORU has held opponents below 60 points seven times this season going 6-1 in those games.
- The Golden Eagles sweep the season series with the Bison and have now won four straight against NDSU.
The Golden Eagles start a four-game road trip Sunday as they head west to face Denver. Tipoff from Denver is scheduled for 2 p.m. (CST).
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.