Score: Oral Roberts 50 – Little Rock 56
Records: Oral Roberts (3-4); Little Rock (4-4)
Location: Jack Stephens Center – Little Rock, Ark.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team fell to Little Rock 56-50 Thursday evening in Little Rock, Ark.
Little Rock started the game hot and jumped out to a 6-0 lead early in the game. The Golden Eagles came back and scored five points in the first. ORU held Little Rock to four points after the Trojans' 6-0 run. ORU trailed 10-5 at the end of the quarter. At the end of the first quarter Faith Ihim had three points with one rebound.
The Golden Eagles out-scored the Trojans in the second quarter by three while the Trojans had a 35.7 shooting percentage. ORU shot 28.6 percent in the second and trailed 20-18 at the half. Jordan Gilbert hit a 12-foot jump shot at the buzzer to make it a two-point game. Kaylan Mayberry scored eight points in the second and scored two three pointers.
ORU came out of halftime and Jordan Gilbert scored the opening bucket to tie the game 20-20. Kaylan Mayberry scored a three-point jumper to put the Golden Eagles up 23-22 with 9:20 remaining in the quarter. After back-and-forth play, the Golden Eagles took a seven point lead when Alexa Scott capitalized on the and-one opportunity. Little Rock's Raeyana DeGray hit a three-point bucket at the buzzer to tie the game 35-35 at the end of the quarter.
Hot shooting pushed Little Rock ahead in the fourth quarter. The Trojans shot 61.5 percent from the field and scored 21 points in the fourth. The Golden Eagles shot 58.3 percent in the fourth and scored 15 points. Little Rock pulled away and won by six points. Kaylan Mayberry led the way for ORU with 15 points and five rebounds.
At the end of the third quarter, Little Rock hit a big three-point bucket at the buzzer to tie the game and it sparked momentum for the Trojans.
Little Rock: Kaitlyn Pratt scored 24 points for the Trojans and grabbed 12 rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 38.9 percent overall in today's game.
- ORU was out-rebounded by Little Rock 39-33 in tonight's contest.
- ORU turned the ball over 14 times, but forced the Trojans to turn the ball over 10 times.
- Kaylan Mayberry had 15 points on the night along with five rebounds, three assists and one steal.
- Faith Ihim scored 13 points and five rebounds.
- Maria Martianez scored seven points along with six rebounds in the game.
- Ashley Beatty had five points with two assists in the game.
- Freshman Alexa Scott capitalized on a key and-on opportunity in the third quarter that put the Golden Eagles up by seven points in the second quarter.
The Golden Eagles will travel on Sunday, December 4 to compete against the University of Oklahoma at 2 p.m. inside the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman, Okla. The Sooners currently hold a 5-1 record for the season.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.