ELMHURST, Ill. – Oral Roberts sophomore forward Maria Martianez was named the Summit League Women's Basketball Player of the Week for her performances Nov. 28-Dec. 4. IUPUI senior center Mikale Rogers was also named Player of the Week.
MARIA MARTIANEZ, ORAL ROBERTS
So. // F // Barcelona, Spain
- Captured her first career Player of the Week honor
- Tallied her first double-double (18 point, 13 rebounds) of the season in a nine-point win at No. 12 Oklahoma
- Collected her second double-digit rebound game (10) in the win over USAO
- For the week, averaged 10.3 points, 9.7 rebounds, 2.7 assists, 2.3 steals and 1.3 blocks per contest as Oral Roberts went 2-1
MIKALE ROGERS, IUPUI
Sr. // C // Indianapolis, Ind.
- Earned her first Player of the Week award this season and third of her career
- Helped lead the Jaguars to a 73-45 win over Missouri with 15 points, six rebounds and two steals
- Added 15 points with six blocks and four rebounds in a victory at Indiana State, holding the Sycamores to just 33 points
- The win over Missouri, who was receiving votes nationally, is the first over an SEC opponent in program history
- For the week, averaged 15 points, five rebounds 3.5 blocks and two steals per game
- Shot 46.2 percent (12-of-26) from the field and was perfect at the free throw line (6-of-6)
Also nominated: Jacqlyn Poss, Denver; De'Jour Young, Fort Wayne; Taylor Thunstedt, North Dakota State; Remy Davenport, Omaha; Allison Arens, South Dakota; Clarissa Ober, South Dakota State; Morgan Blumer, Western Illinois
Previous honorees: Nov. 14 – Allison Arens, USD; Nov. 21 – Emily Clemens, WIU/Macy Miller, SDSU; Nov. 28 – Emily Clemens, WIU
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.