Score: Oral Roberts 98 – Mid-America Christian 63
Records: Oral Roberts (7-4); MACU (10-2)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – Faith Ihim grabbed her third double-double of the season as the Golden Eagles defeated Mid-America Christian 98-63 Wednesday evening in the Mabee Center.
ORU jumped out of the gate on a 10-0 run before MACU hit a three with seven minutes left in the first quarter. Hot shooting closed the gap for Mid-America Christian. The Evangels shot 4-7 from the three-point line in the first, while the Golden Eagles went 3-8 from deep and 7-18 overall. ORU led Mid-America 20-12 at the end of the first.
The Golden Eagles scored 31 points in the second quarter. It was the most points for ORU in a quarter this season. ORU increased its shooting percentage for the game to 52.5 percent in the second quarter. Kaylan Mayberry led the way for the Golden Eagles in the first half with 12 points and Faith Ihim was two points and two rebounds shy of a first half double-double. At halftime, ORU led 51-36.
In the third quarter, Faith Ihim grabbed her third double-double of the season. ORU took a 20 point lead when Kaylan Mayberry hit a three pointer with five minutes remaining in the quarter. ORU's defense held Mid-America Christian to eight points and 23.1 percent shooting in the third. The Golden Eagles led the Evangels 70-44 at the conclusion of the quarter.
The Golden Eagles scored 28 points and shot 50 percent overall as well as 50 percent from the three-point line in the fourth quarter. Lakota Beatty scored two of her six three pointers of the game in the fourth. ORU scored 98 points in the game. This was the first time since 2014 that the Golden Eagles scored 90-plus points in a game.
In the second quarter, Lakota Beatty scored 12 points and went 4-6 from the field. Faith Ihim went 4-5 from the field and the Golden Eagles shot 63.6 percent overall in the second quarter. ORU scored 31 points in the second.
Oral Roberts: Faith Ihim scored 19 points in tonight's game with 14 rebounds. It was her third double-double of the season.
Mid-America Christian: Mykayla Flores scored 23 points with six rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 48.2 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU out-rebounded MACU 46-37 in today's contest.
- ORU turned the ball over six times, but forced the Evangels to turn the ball over 21 times.
- ORU shot 72.7 percent from the free throw line.
- Kaylan Mayberry had nine points on the night along with one assist.
- Faith Ihim scored 19 points and 14 rebounds along with two assists. It was Ihim's third double-double of the season.
- Jordan Gilbert had eight points with nine rebounds and one assist against MACU.
- Maria Martianez scored 12 points along with five rebounds in the game.
- Lakota Beatty had 18 points with two assists and one steal. Beatty shot 6-10 from behind the three-point line.
- Ashley Beatty gathered 12 points against MACU along with four assists and two steals.
- Freshman Hillary Hurst grabbed two rebounds and was credited with two assists in tonight's game.
- Freshman Montserrat Brotons recorded eight points, one assist and one steal against MACU.
- Freshman Rachel Skalnik scored two points with three assists and one steal.
- Freshman Alexa Scott set a career-high with 10 points and seven rebounds in tonight's game along with one assist and one steal.
- ORU had 52 points in the paint and 32 bench points in tonight's game.
- Golden Eagles capitalized with 27 points off of turnovers.
The Golden Eagles will head west to Tempe, Arizona, to challenge No. 23 Arizona State on Saturday, December 17 inside Wells Fargo Arena at 3 p.m. CST
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.