Oral Roberts at UMKC (Game Nine)
Date/Time: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video: vs. UMKC (WAC Digital Network)
Live Stats: vs. UMKC
Location: Kansas City, Missouri (Swinney Recreation Center)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team will take on the UMKC Kangaroos Wednesday, December 6, at 7 p.m. inside the Swinney Recreation Center in Kansas City, Missouri.
The game will be streamed online via the WAC Digital Network. Fans may also view the live stats, see link below, or follow the Golden Eagles on Twitter, @ORUWBB.
- ORU will face UMKC for its ninth game of the 2017-18 season. It will be the 48th meeting between the Golden Eagles and the Kangaroos.
- The Golden Eagles are 29-19 overall all-time against UMKC and 62-28 all-time against Western Athletic Conference opponents.
- In their last meeting, ORU defeated UMKC, 83-70, on January 28, 2012, at the Mabee Center.
- Junior forward, Maria Martianez scored 22 points and grabbed 15 rebounds in the team's last two games in Missoula, Montana. Martianez was named to the Lady Griz Class All-Tournament team.
- Senior Faith Ihim scored her 1,000th career point against Arkansas and became the 20th player to score at least 1,000 points during her career. Ihim also has more than 500 rebounds, which makes her the 10th player in ORU women's basketball history to have more than 1,000 points and at least 500 rebounds. She was also named to the Lady Griz Classic All-Tournament team with 21 points scored and 15 rebounds.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll. Faith Ihim and Maria Martianez were named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team.
- Last game, Maya Mayberry scored a nine points going 4-for-5 from the field in her first career start.
- Jordan Gilbert has made her way in to the starting lineup. In her first start of the season against Long Beach State, Gilbert scored nine points and grabbed three rebounds.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her sixth season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 79-83 overall head coaching record.
- For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.