Score: Oral Roberts 72 – Omaha 56
Records: Oral Roberts (16-12) (7-7); Omaha (11-15) (2-11)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Oklahoma
TULSA, Okla. – Oral Roberts women's basketball senior forward Faith Ihim grabbed her first career triple-double on senior night Wednesday in the Golden Eagles 72-56 win over the Omaha Mavericks at the Mabee Center in the regular season finale.
Faith Ihim grabbed her first career triple-double finishing the game with 13 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists. It was the first time a Golden Eagle has had a triple-double since Vicky McIntyre in the 2014-15 season against South Dakota State. Ihim went 4-for-9 overall from the field and 5-for-6 from the free-throw line. The 2018 senior set a career high in assists with 10 and had four steals. Along with her triple-double, she earned her seventh double-double of the season and 18th for her career.
The Golden Eagles scored in the opening possession taking the lead permanently. ORU out-scored Omaha 18-11 in the opening 10 minutes. After a second period sparked with a 15 point lead, the Golden Eagles went in to halftime with a 36-25 advantage. ORU's defense held Omaha to just nine points in the third and shot 56.3 percent from the field. After taking their largest lead of the game by 23 points in the fourth, ORU closed the game with a 49.1 shooting percentage and secured their seventh win in league play.
Maya Mayberry set a career high in tonight's game with 23 points. The freshman point guard also had five rebounds and three assists. Mayberry is currently second in the Summit League in overall three-point percentage at 46.4 percent for the season. She went 9-for-13 overall from the field and 5-for-7 from the beyond the arc. Montserrat Brotons also had a standout night with 13 points and eight rebounds.
Omaha had four Mavericks score in double figures in the game. Kalen Phillips led the team with 12 points, while Courtney Vaccher grabbed 13 rebounds. Omaha shot 36.2 percent overall and 47.6 percent from three-point range. The Mavericks went 6-for-9 from the charity stripe. Omaha did out-score ORU in the fourth quarter 22-17.
ORU took its largest lead in the game at 23 points in the fourth quarter. The Golden Eagles began their run at the end of the third and extended in to the beginning of the fourth to grab their largest lead of the night.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 49.1 percent overall in the game.
- ORU out-rebounded Omaha 38-31.
- The Golden Eagles had a 47.6 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 10 times, but forced the Mavericks to turn the ball over 14 times.
- ORU shot 66.7 percent from the free-throw line.
- Faith Ihim scored 13 points with 12 rebounds and 10 assists for her first career triple-double. She also had four steals.
- Maya Mayberry recorded a career high 23 points with five rebounds and three assists.
- Montserrat Brotons scored 13 points and grabbed eight rebounds along with four assists and one steal.
- Rachel Skalnik tallied nine points with three rebounds and one steal.
- Jordan Gilbert had seven points with five rebounds, two assists and one steal.
- ORU had 30 points in the paint and 13 bench points in the game.
- The Golden Eagles scored 27 points off turnovers.
The Golden Eagles will head to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to compete in the 2018 Summit League Championship inside the Denny Sanford Premier Center, March 3-6. As it stands, ORU would face Denver in the first round on Sunday, March 4 at 12 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.