Score: Oral Roberts 94 – Central Christian 47
Records: ORU (5-4) (0-0); CCC (1-7) (0-0)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – Four Golden Eagles recorded double-digit scoring efforts as the Oral Roberts women's basketball team defeated Central Christian 94-47 Monday afternoon at the Mabee Center in the annual Best Field Trip Ever game.
A slow start for both teams saw the game tied four times throughout the first quarter until the Golden Eagles closed out the opening period on an 8-2 to run that was capitalized by Lakota Beatty's second three-point bucket of the quarter with seven seconds to play. The Golden Eagles then out-scored Central Christian 29-5 in the second period and allowed one Tiger field-goal for six percent shooting average from the field. Jordan Gilbert recorded 11 points in the second quarter shooting 3-for-4 overall and went 5-for-5 from the free throw line. Gilbert captured a career-best nine free-throws in the game and went a percent 9-for-9 from the line.
ORU shot 38 percent overall in the game and scored 20-plus points in the first three quarters of play. In front of a crowd of more than 3,000 at the Mabee Center, the Golden Eagles grabbed a season high 61 total rebounds and 18 offensive boards. ORU struggled from behind the arc shooting 27 percent. Sarah Garvie had her first double-digit game of the season with 12 points going 3-for-7 from three-point range. Lakota Beatty played her lowest minute total of the season with 17 and managed 10 points with seven boards.
Jordan Gilbert led ORU with a season high 19 points and went 5-for-7 overall in 14 minutes of play. Keni Jo Lippe recorded 17 points for her seventh double-digit effort of the season. Lippe went 4-for-8 overall and 8-for-10 from the stripe. Junior guard Rachel Skalnik made her presence known being two points shy of her first career double-double. Skalnik recorded a career high 10 rebounds against the Tigers and was the team's assist leader with five. She also led the Golden Eagles with three steals.
Central Christian was led by Mycah McDonald who had a double-double and shot 7-for-16 overall for 22 points. McDonald grabbed 11 rebounds on the day in her 32 minutes of play. The Tigers' Kassidy Forsberg was the team's leading rebounder with 12.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 38.2 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU out-rebounded Central Christian, 61-46. The Golden Eagles had 18 offensive boards.
- The Golden Eagles had a 26.7 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 11 times, but forced the Tigers to turn the ball over 22 times.
- ORU shot 82.4 percent from the free-throw line.
- Rachel Skalnik totaled a career high 10 rebounds and was two points shy of a double-double with eight. Skalnik led the team with five assists and three steals.
- Lakota Beatty had a 10 point game with seven rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- Sarah Garvie scored 12 points with two boards, two assists and two steals.
- Keni Jo Lippe had her seventh double-digit game with 17 points, four rebounds and two steals.
- Jordan Gilbert was the team's leading scorer for the first time this season with 19 points. Gilbert added seven rebounds and one assist to her stat line as well.
- ORU had 54 bench points in tonight's game.
- The Golden Eagles capitalized with 27 points off of turnovers and 42 points in the paint.
The Golden Eagles will play their final home game for the month Thursday, December 6 at 7 p.m. against Sun Belt Conference opponent UT Arlington at the Mabee Center.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.