Score: Oral Roberts 69 – Oklahoma State 89
Records: ORU (7-6) (0-0); OSU (8-2) (0-0)
Location: Gallagher-Iba Arena – Stillwater, Okla.
STILLWATER, Okla. – Three Golden Eagles scored double-digit points in the Oral Roberts women's basketball team's 89-69 setback at Oklahoma State Friday evening in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
A slow start for ORU and a quick start from Oklahoma State resulted in a 36-12 opening quarter inside Gallagher-Iba Arena. The Golden Eagles shot 38 percent from the field in the first 10 minutes, but the Cowgirls went 15-for-18 overall for 83 percent and 5-for-5 from the three-point line. Oklahoma State began to cool off in the second quarter shooting 50 percent from the field and scoring 25 points, but held ORU to nine.
The Golden Eagles won the second half, out-scoring OSU in the third and fourth quarters. The Golden Eagles scored 27 in the third to OSU's 21 and in the fourth ORU out-scored the Cowgirls 21-7. ORU had its best shooting quarter in the third going 8-for-11 from the three-point line. The Golden Eagle defense held Oklahoma State to 3-for-19 overall in the fourth quarter for 16 percent.
Lakota Beatty led ORU with 23 points on the night shooting 9-for-18 overall and 5-for-11 from long range. Beatty added on seven rebounds and six assists to her stat line as well. Maya Mayberry recorded 21 points with a career high seven rebounds. Mayberry went 4-for-5 from the three-point line. Rylie Torrey also scored in double-digits with 13 points on the night.
Oklahoma State was led by Vivian Gray with 24 points and Braxtin Miller with 23. Gray shot 9-for-19 from the field and Miller went 8-for-19. Latashia Jones led the Cowgirls in rebounding with 12 and Kassidy De Lapp had 10 and was one point shy of a double-double.
Oral Roberts: Lakota Beatty led the team with 23 points. Beatty and Mayberry each recorded seven rebounds in the game
Oklahoma State: Vivian Gray scored 24 points and Latashia Jones had 12 rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 36.9 percent overall in tonight's game.
- Oklahoma State out-rebounded ORU 51-38. The Golden Eagles had seven offensive boards.
- The Golden Eagles had a 38.9 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 11 times, but forced the Cowgirls to turn the ball over eight times.
- ORU shot 63.6 percent from the free-throw line (7-for-11).
- Lakota Beatty had 23 points going 9-for-18 overall. Beatty also tied her career high with seven rebounds and had six assists.
- Maya Mayberry scored 21 points shooting 7-for-12 overall and 4-for-5 from three-point range. Mayberry grabbed a career high seven boards.
- Rylie Torrey scored 13 points with two rebounds.
- ORU had seven bench points in tonight's game.
- The Golden Eagles capitalized with nine points off of turnovers and 16 points in the paint.
The Golden Eagles open Summit League play at Omaha Sunday, December 30 at 2 p.m. in Omaha, Nebraska inside Baxter Arena.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.