Oral Roberts (10-8, 3-2) vs. South Dakota (15-3, 3-1)
Date/Time: Friday, January 18, 2019 / 7 p.m.
TV/Video/Audio: ORU Sports Network
Live Stats: vs. South Dakota
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma (Mabee Center)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team will face the South Dakota Coyotes Friday, January 18 at 7 p.m. inside the Mabee Center.
About the Opponent
- South Dakota is currently 15-3 on the season and 3-1 in Summit League play. Last season, the Coyotes went undefeated and finished first in the regular season standings, but fell in the Summit League Championship.
- The Coyotes won their recent game, 69-51, at home against Purdue Fort Wayne on January 12.
- South Dakota returned three starters from last season and added four newcomers.
- ORU will face South Dakota State for the 13th meeting between the two programs.
- The Golden Eagles fell in their most recent Summit League game, 68-55, on the road at South Dakota State on January 12.
- A win for the Golden Eagles would give the women's team a break in the seven game losing skid to South Dakota.
- Maya Mayberry was named to the Summit League preseason all-league second team. Mayberry currently averages 12.3 points per game.
- Lakota Beatty averages 14.8 points per game. Beatty is third in the Summit League and 14th in the nation in three-point field goals made.
- Sophomore, Keni Jo Lippe, averages 13.1 points per game and is currently second in the Summit League in overall free throws made and is 21st in the nation.
- As a whole, ORU is fifth in the nation in overall three-point field goals made.
- Head Coach Misti Cussen is in her seventh season at the helm for the Golden Eagles and holds a 101-101 overall head coaching record.
- ORU was picked to finish fourth in The Summit League according to the preseason poll.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.