Score: Oral Roberts 82 – Friends 28 | Exhibition
Records: Oral Roberts (0-0) (0-0); Friends (0-0) (0-0)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team played its only exhibition match of the season and earned a 82-28 win against Friends Saturday afternoon at the Mabee Center.
Friends scored the first bucket of the game to lead the game for a short one minute before the ORU offense went on a 19-0 run to close out the first quarter with a 24-4 advantage. Keni Jo Lippe came out strong with an 11 point first quarter. Lippe, who averaged 13.3 points a game last season, finished the day with 24.
In the second, ORU went on a 10-0 run to extend its lead and take a 43-16 in to halftime. The Golden Eagles took a 41 point advantage with 2:35 to go in the third as the ORU defense held the Falcons to four points scored in the third.
The Golden Eagles took their largest lead of the game with 1:12 to go in the fourth quarter with a 57 point advantage. ORU scored 24 points in the fourth and were led by freshman Karly Gore with six. Gore was one of three Golden Eagles to score in double-digits with 14. Gore also recorded a double-double with 12 rebounds. Katie Kirkhart had 11 points in the game and played 21 minutes.
The defense shined by holding the Falcons to single-digits in three of the four quarters of play. ORU shot 33 percent on the day and held Friends to 15.8 percent from the field. The Golden Eagles had 38 points in the paint and the bench provided 45 points.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 33.3 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU out-rebounded Friends, 62-44.
- The Golden Eagles had a 21.1 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 13 times, but forced the Falcons to turn the ball over 37 times.
- Keni Jo Lippe scored 24 points and recorded seven rebounds. She went 12-for-14 from the charity stripe.
- Karly Gore had a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
- Katie Kirkhart finished the day with 11 points.
- ORU had 45 bench points in tonight's game.
- Golden Eagles capitalized with 37 points off of turnovers.
Oral Roberts will open the 2019-20 regular season Tuesday, November 5 against Central Christian at 11 a.m. in the annual Best Field Trip Ever game at the Mabee Center.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.