Score: Oral Roberts 114 – Central Christian 60
Records: ORU (1-0) (0-0); CCC (1-3) (0-0)
Location: Mabee Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's basketball team opened the 2019-20 regular season with a 114-60 win over the Central Christian Tigers Tuesday morning at the Mabee Center in the annual Best Field Trip Ever game.
ORU fell to a five point deficit early in the opening period before the Golden Eagles went on a 21-0 run in a five minute span. ORU shot 65 percent in the first 10 minutes of play and went 5-for-7 from long range. The Golden Eagles out-scored the Tigers 30-14.
Central Christian cut the lead down to 19 at the end of the second and held the Golden Eagles to 39 percent shooting from the field. The Tigers scored 19 points and held ORU to 22 in the second as both teams went in to halftime with a 52-35.
ORU scored 30 points in the third and 32 points in the fourth to extend its lead to 114-60. All Golden Eagles who played in Tuesday's game recorded points as six scored in double-digits. Keni Jo Lippe scored 27 points in the season opener and went 9-for-14 overall on the day. Freshman Karly Gore recorded a double-double with 10 points and 14 rebounds. Combined, ORU shot 51 percent on the day overall and 44 percent from long-range.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 51.3 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU out-rebounded Central Christian, 61-31.
- The Golden Eagles had a 44.1 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 10 times, but forced the Tigers to turn the ball over 18 times.
- Keni Jo Lippe scored 27 points and recorded six rebounds. She went 4-for-7 from the long-range.
- Karly Gore had a double-double with 10 points and 14 rebounds.
- Rachel Skalnik had 10 points in the game.
- ORU had 51 bench points in tonight's game.
- Golden Eagles capitalized with 24 points off of turnovers.
The Golden Eagles will host the Texas State Bobcats Friday, November 8 at 5 p.m. at the Mabee Center.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.