Score: Oral Roberts 64 – No. 23 Arkansas 96
Records: ORU (3-1) (0-0); Ark (3-0) (0-0)
Location: Bud Walton Arena – Fayetteville, Ark.
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The ORU women's basketball team fell 96-64 at No. 23 Arkansas Thursday evening inside Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
Arkansas came out shooting well from beyond the arc and went on a 19-2 run going 43 percent overall and from long-range. Keni Jo Lippe had six first quarter points, but the Razorbacks had a 24-8 advantage after the first 10 minutes of play.
ORU start the second period with a 16 point deficit. Sarah Garvie cut it to 13 with her first three-ball of the game. A 6-0 run brought deficit down to 10 before an Arkansas timeout. The Golden Eagles held Arkansas to a 3:22 scoring drought. Razorbacks fought back and went up back up 47-28 at the half.
The Razorbacks extended their lead by 31 in the third quarter and eventually went up 72-35 at the end. Arkansas shot 53 percent from the field. As the final quarter began, Amber Ramirez hit three, three-point buckets consecutively. The Golden Eagles went on an 18-1 run in the fourth to close the gap and get back to within 28. The Razorbacks pulled away to a 96-64 finish after going 46 percent from the field.
Oral Roberts: Keni Jo Lippe led the team with 24 points and nine rebounds.
Arkansas: Makayla Daniels scored 27 points and Taylah Thomas grabbed 10 rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 33.3 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU and Arkansas each had 44 rebounds.
- The Golden Eagles had a 10 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 15 times, but forced the Razorbacks to turn the ball over 11 times.
- Montserrat Brotons went 4-for-8 from the field for eight points and nine rebounds to tie a career high.
- Keni Jo Lippe had 24 points on the night going 40 percent from the field. She also grabbed 10 rebounds.
- Newcomer Gem Summers recorded 10 points in the game.
- ORU had 24 bench points in tonight's game.
- Golden Eagles capitalized with 12 points off of turnovers.
ORU will face the Kansas State Wildcats Monday, November 18 at 6:30 p.m. inside Bramlage Coliseum in Manhattan, Kansas.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.