Score: Oral Roberts 69 – Kansas State 109
Records: ORU (3-2) (0-0); K-State (3-0) (0-0)
Location: Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
MANHATTAN, Kan. – The ORU women's basketball team fell to the Kansas State Wildcats, 109-69, Monday evening in Manhattan, Kansas.
The Golden Eagles started the night on the free throw line with Keni Jo Lippe going 6-for-8. Kansas State went on an 8-0 run in the first to make it a 19-8 game at the media break. The Wildcats extended it to a 12-0 run before the Golden Eagles scored. Kansas State went forward with a 19-2 to run until Rylie Torrey scored her first three-ball of the game. The Wildcats led 33-13 at the end of the first quarter.
Hot-shooting continued for Kansas State as the Wildcats went on an 11-2 run. KSU went 8-for-8 from the field in the quarter and shot 69 percent from the field. K-State held the percentage and led 63-32 at the break. Rylie Torrey hit two more three-balls in the quarter and led the team with 11 points.
Lippe got things going for the Golden Eagles in the third with 12 points and going 4-for-8 from the field. Kansas State continued to shoot over 65 percent overall and extended its lead heading in to the fourth quarter. The Golden Eagles out-scored the Wildcats in the fourth quarter, 19-17, as Kansas State finished the night shooting 55 percent.
Oral Roberts: Keni Jo Lippe led the team with 24 points and seven rebounds.
Kansas State: Ayoka Lee recorded 20 points and Peyton Williams had 13 rebounds.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU shot 29.6 percent overall in tonight's game.
- ORU was out-rebounded by Kansas State 49-41.
- The Golden Eagles had a 20 percent three-point average.
- ORU turned the ball over 20 times, but forced the Wildcats to turn the ball over 15 times.
- Rylie Torrey went 5-for-12 overall in tonight's game for 13 points in the game.
- Keni Jo Lippe had 24 points on the night and went 12-for-17 from the free throw line.
- ORU had 16 bench points in tonight's game.
- Golden Eagles capitalized with 18 points off of turnovers.
Oral Roberts will face crosstown rival Tulsa Thursday, November 21 at 7 p.m. inside the Reynolds Center.
For the latest information on ORU women's basketball, follow @ORUWBB on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.