Score: Oral Roberts 8 - Arkansas-Pine Bluff 1
Records: ORU (2-0-0), UAPB (0-3-0)
Location: Case Soccer Complex - Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. - The Oral Roberts women's soccer team picked up its second victory of the season after an 8-1 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff Friday night at the Case Soccer Complex.
Seven different Golden Eagles scored for the home squad as the team went for seven second-half goal in the rout. Ashley Martin led the way with two scores on the night with the first goal coming in the 62nd minute on a penalty kick. She capped off the scoring for ORU in the 89th minute, scoring another while in the box off a helper by Caitlyn Hanslovan.
The Golden Eagles had just one goal in the first 45 minutes of action. Sophomore Kylie Dellis put in the go-ahead goal in the 38th minute from right in front of the net. She was set up by Sam Forgione who helped on three of ORU's eight goals.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff scored in the 60th minute to cut the ORU lead to just one, but transfer junior Brittney Lawrence broke away from the defense soon after to put in her first goal of the season and breaking the opponents spirit.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU outshot the Lady Lions 35-5 on the night. Through two games the Golden Eagles have outshot its opponent, 61-6.
- Both Caitlyn Hanslovan and Maria Stordahl attempted five shots to lead the squad.
- Sam Forgione led all players with three assists.
- ORU has taken no less than 14 shots in any period thus far in the season.
- The Golden Eagles sent corner kicks at a 9-1 advantage over the visitors.
ORU plays host to SIU-Edwardsville Sunday at 1 p.m. at the Case Soccer Complex.
For more information and updates about ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter, or visit ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.