Score: Oral Roberts 2 - Missouri State 2
Records: ORU (2-1-2), MVSU (2-2-1)
Location: Allison South Stadium - Springfield, Mo.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. - The Oral Robert women's soccer team rallied in the second period to secure a draw with Missouri State, 2-2, after full time Wednesday night at Allison South Stadium.
Senior Kayla Keller delivered the go-ahead goal in the 35th minute to give the Golden Eagles (2-1-2) the first lead of the match. It wasn't until the second half that Missouri State would get on the board, but the Bears would go for two goals in a total of one minute and 57 seconds to take the lead midway through the half.
Shriver capitalizing on a cross in the box to pull ORU back to even on the scoreboard midway through the second half of play.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU took 13 shots in total, but did not tally a shot in the final 20 minutes of play.
- Kayla Keller scored her second goal of the season in the 35th minute to give ORU the lead.
- Senior Libby Shriver scored her first career goal as a Golden Eagle to tie the match in the 63rd minute after the Bears scored two quick goals to take the lead.
- Kaily Cox and Mariah Morgan each made plays during both ORU goals on the night, picking up their first assists of the season.
- Missouri State played a much more aggressive match in the penalty arena, picking up more than double the fouls ORU was assessed, 17-8.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl made four saves in 65 minutes of action in net.
ORU will return to Tulsa this weekend as they play host to Incarnate Word Friday night at 7 p.m.
For more information and updates about ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter, or visit ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.