Score: Oral Roberts 3 - Indiana State 1
Records: ORU (4-1-2), INS (3-5-0)
Location: Case Soccer Complex - Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. - Two second half goals by Brittney Lawrence pushed the Oral Roberts women's soccer team to its second-straight victory after defeating Indiana State, 3-1, Sunday afternoon at the Case Soccer Complex.
The Golden Eagles improve to 4-1-2 overall on the season after the win that included 41 shots between the two teams.
Junior Megan Guico scored her first goal of the season in the 15th minute off a corner kick that was deflected to the top of the box. The San Diego, Calif. native drilled the ball into the back of the net from 15 yards out to put ORU on top early.
Indiana State (3-5-0) answered the ORU goal 15 minutes later when Elly Freesmeir put in a ball on a would-be corner kick for the Sycamores.
After the break, ORU took over the match. The Golden Eagles held on to the ball and limited the Sycamore offensive attack.
Lawrence, a junior, posted her third goal of the season in the 64th minute off a ball played forward by Kayla Keller for the go-ahead goal. She would later put the match out of reach with her second goal of the match in the 90th minute on another fast-break goal in which Maria Stordahl assisted.
In the 64th minute, Lawrence broke away from the Indiana State defenders to put in the go-ahead goal.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU outshot the opposition 26-15 on the match, and 13-7 in the second half.
- Maddie Rhodes and Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl made four saves each in net for the Golden Eagles.
- Eight different ORU players took multiple shots during the match setting a new season high.
- The Golden Eagles used 21 player in the match, with 13 players seeing 40-minutes or more on the field.
- Junior Megan Guico scored her first goal of the season to give ORU the lead in the 15th minute.
- Ashley Martin picked up her first yellow card of the season in the 75th minute of play.
The Golden Eagles travel to Denton, Texas Thursday to take on North Texas at 7 p.m. before returning to the Case Soccer Complex to host Tulsa Sunday at 7 p.m. ORU will look to break the all-time attendance record against the Golden Hurricanes Sunday so come out and be a part of history. Admission is free.
For more information and updates about ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter, or visit ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.