Score: North Dakota State 0 - Oral Roberts 0
Records: NDSU (7-5-0, 2-0-0 SL) - ORU (5-5-2, 1-1-0 SL)
Location: Dacotah Field - Fargo, N.D.
FARGO, N.D. - The Oral Roberts women's soccer team dropped its first Summit League match of the season Sunday afternoon to North Dakota State, 1-0, in Fargo, N.D.
The Golden Eagles took to the field for the second time in as many days and played with possession for much of the match, but the ORU offense was unable to break through the North Dakota State defense to tie the match.
NDSU's Britney Monteon put the Bison ahead 19 minutes in after she tapped in an open-net goal after her teammate drilled a ball off the crossbar. It was Menteon's team-high ninth goal of the year.
"I'm very happy to the response in the second half. The team pushed hard to get the equalizer but it never quite fell for us," said head coach Roger Bush. "We have to give credit to North Dakota State. We knew that they would be dangerous with the ball and organized without it - and they certainly didn't disappoint."
"There are positives for us from the road trip to the Dakotas, but we obviously have a lot of work left to do," Bush continued. "We're looking forward to matching up against Oklahoma State on Friday, and then to getting our conference bid back on track at home against Western Illinois."
The Golden Eagles looked to have tied the game in the 72nd minute, but the goal from Kayla Keller was flagged offsides.
Inside the Box Score
- Twenty-two ORU players made an appearance in the match as the team played its second match in as many days.
- The Bison edged ORU in shots 14-11 on the day.
- Keller led the squad with three shot attempts while Ashley Martin and Lexi Jones went for two shots apiece.
- As she has all season, Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl came in at goalkeeper to start the second half for ORU. The freshman made five saves in 45 minutes of play. Maddie Rhodes gave up the lone goal and while saving two shots in the first half.
- The Golden Eagles were called for three offsides in the match, including one offside call that erased the game-tying goal.
ORU will travel to Stillwater Oct. 9 for a matchup with Oklahoma State. First touch is set for 7 p.m. at the Cowgirl Soccer Complex.
For more information and updates about ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter, or visit ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.