Score: Oral Roberts 3 – Missouri State 1
Records: ORU (4-2) – MSU (0-4-1)
Location: Case Soccer Complex - Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The ORU women's soccer team defeated Missouri State 3-1 Sunday afternoon at the Case Soccer Complex.
The Golden Eagles scored first when Alexia Herrera scored her first goal of the season. She was in the middle of the goalie box when she received a pass from Brittney Lawrence and scored in the 38th minute. Lawrence was credited with an assist and it was her second assist of the season.
Missouri State's Molly Brewer scored a goal in the 53rd minute off an assist by Kayleigh Putnam.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU out-shot Missouri State 20-3 in the match. The Golden Eagles had 12 shots on goal.
- Paige Vincent started the game for the Golden Eagles. Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl played in the second half and had one save.
- A physical game between the two teams allowed 26 fouls. Missouri State's Mary Disidore was assessed a yellow card at the 77 minute mark as well as Brook Zimmerman at the 89 minute mark.
- Lexi Jones took five shots throughout the day and four of those shots were on goal.
- Alexia Herrera took two shots this afternoon, both were on goal.
- Brittney Lawrence took four shots, two of which were on goal and had one assist.
- Kelli Keller took three shots on goal.
ORU will be back in action on Friday, September 9 as the Golden Eagles travel to Lubbock, Texas to play the Texas Tech Red Raiders. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App atORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.