Score: North Dakota State 1 – Oral Roberts 0
Records: NDSU (6-5) - ORU (5-7-1)
Location: Case Soccer Complex – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The ORU women's soccer team lost its first league game of the season to North Dakota State 1-0 Sunday afternoon.
North Dakota State's Amy Yang scored the first and only goal for the Bison off of a penalty kick at the 42 minute mark.
The Bison went in to halftime with a 1-0 lead.
The Golden Eagles came out in the second half and took 15 shots and kept North Dakota State to only one shot.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU out-shot NDSU 17-5 in the match.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl played all 90 minutes for the Golden Eagles and recorded two saves.
- Lexi Jones and Sierra Beall each took three shots with one shot on goal in the match.
- Brittney Lawrence and Maria Stordahl each took two shots throughout the game.
- Mariah Morgan and Nelly Mamabolo each recorded two shots with one shot on goal.
- Brooklyn Eardley took one shot and Caitlyn Hanslovan took one shot on goal in the match.
- The Golden Eagles took a total of four corner kicks in today's game.
- A physical game allowed 15 fouls between the two teams. ORU had seven fouls compared to NDSU's eight.
- ORU's Chloe Basnett was assessed a yellow card at the 34 minute mark.
The Golden Eagles will play again on Friday, October 7 when they travel to take on league opponent Omaha. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App atORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.