Score: Oral Roberts 6 – IUPUI 1
Records: ORU (7-9-1) - IUPUI (7-6-3)
Location: Case Soccer Complex – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team handled IUPUI Sunday afternoon at the Case Soccer Complex 6-1.
Lexi Jones scored first for the Golden Eagles when she dribbled around defenders and scored at the 26 minute mark. Her goal was unassisted.
Lexi Jones scored her second goal of the match and her ninth goal of the season at the 54 minute mark when she received a pass from Mariah Morgan inside the box. That goal put ORU up 4-0 and Morgan was credited with an assist.
ORU defender Maria Stordahl scored a goal of her own at the 61 minute mark when she intercepted a pass from the IUPUI goalie and scored. This put ORU up 5-0 and it was her first goal of the season.
The Golden Eagles took a 6-0 lead at the 72 minute mark when Alexia Herrera deflected a ball in to the net off of a Chloe Basnett shot. Herrera was credited with her fourth goal of the season and Basnett the assist.
IUPUI broke the shut out with three minutes remaining in the game when Leia Peterman scored off of an assist by Hayley Shelton. This made the score 6-1 in favor of the Golden Eagles.
Inside the Box Score
- ORU out-shot IUPUI 20-12 in the match. The Golden Eagles had 15 shots on goal.
- Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl played 72 minutes for the Golden Eagles and recorded three saves. Paige Vincent played the remainder of the game and recorded two saves.
- Lexi Jones took six shots with five shots on goal and scored two goals in the match. For the weekend, Jones scored a total of five goals and has recorded nine on the season.
- Chloe Basnett took two shots with one on goal and scored one goal. She also recorded an assist.
- Mariah Morgan, Megan Guico and Amanda Dial each recorded one assist throughout the game.
- Tahlor Lyman, Alexia Herrera and Maria Stordahl each took one shot on goal and all three connected and each scored one goal.
- Brooklyn Eardley, Brittney Lawrence and Sierra Beall each took one shot in the match.
- Kylie Dellis recorded two shots on goal throughout the game.
- A physical game allowed 10 fouls between the two teams. ORU had seven compared to IUPUI's three.
The Golden Eagles will be back in action on Thursday, October 20 at Denver. The match is set to begin at 7 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App atORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.