TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts women's soccer team will play its first game at the Case Soccer Complex of the season against UTSA Friday, August 24 at 7 p.m. It will be "Gold Out" night and all students and fans are encouraged to wear their Golden Eagle Gold at the game.
- The Golden Eagles came out of the opening weekend in south Texas with a 2-0 record grabbing two 1-0 victories against Portland State and UTRGV.
- Goalkeeper Ryliegh Bohnenstiehl was named the first Summit League Defensive Player of the Week in the 2018 season.
- The Golden Eagles were picked to finish third in The Summit League preseason coaches' poll.
- ORU returns all seven student-athletes who earned Summit League All-League honors. Brooklyn Eardley and Jordan Langebartels were named to the Summit League All-League First team. Anna Gornell and Nelly Mamabolo were named to the second team.
- Also returning is Brianna McGowan, Jessica Misquez and Amogelang Motau who were named to the All-Freshman team.
- Head Coach Roger Bush is back for his sixth season at the helm for the Golden Eagles. After five seasons, Bush has a 50-41-9 record at ORU.
- Overall, the Golden Eagles return 19 players and add eight newcomers to the 2018 squad.
- UTSA came out of opening weekend with a 1-1 record. The Roadrunners defeated Northwestern State, 1-0 and lost to Texas State, 1-0.
- The Roadrunners were picked to finish 13th in the CUSA preseason poll. UTSA finished 12th in CUSA in the 2017 season.
For the latest information on ORU women's soccer, follow @ORUWSoccer on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.