Score: ORU 4 -- #72 South Dakota 3
Records: ORU (5-6, 1-0) – South Dakota (4-1, 0-1)
Location: Case Tennis Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts University women's tennis team fought to its biggest win of the season with a 4-3 upset victory over No. 72 South Dakota Sunday morning at the Case Tennis Center.
The Golden Eagles knocked off South Dakota who entered the match ranked 72 in the ITA national rankings. It was the first win over a ranked opponent this season and fourth time the Golden Eagles have faced a nationally ranked team during the 2015 season.
ORU also won its first Summit League match of the season as they jumped out to a quick start in doubles to win the first point. A combined team effort in singles play saw the Golden Eagles finish off the Coyotes to pick up the win.
- Ximena Puentes continued her solid spring winning her fifth match of the season that included a 6-6 (7-4), 6-2 win at No. 5 singles. It was Puentes first match at No. 5 singles and is not 5-4 on the season.
- Andrada Gordan claimed the win at No. 1 singles and improved to 4-4 at the top spot in the lineup. Gordan defeated Rymma Maslova, 6-2, 6-4 for the win.
- Marizanne Bouwer battled back to earn a hard fought 2-6, 6-4, 6-2 win at No. 3 singles. She also improved to 3-4 on the season.
- Andrada Gordan and Ximena Puentes won their third straight doubles match and improved to 3-0 on the season. Gordan and Puentes cruised to an 8-2 win at No. 3 doubles over Nina Barudzic and Yuliya Sidenko.
- Nika Munoz and Petya Simeonova battled for an 8-4 win at No. 2 doubles to give ORU the doubles point in the match.
ORU continues Summit League play Tuesday as the Golden Eagles host IPFW at the Case Tennis Center. The league match is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. and is the final home match of the month as ORU will play its next four on the road.