Match 1: Oral Roberts 4 – Chicago State 3
Records: Oral Roberts (11-10); Chicago State (3-18)
Location: Homewood, Ill. – Homewood-Flossmoor Racquet Club
The Short Story: The Oral Roberts women's tennis team capped an exciting 4-3 win Monday over Chicago State to push its winning streak to three.
The Golden Eagles have won three in a row and five of their last seven matches heading into the final two weeks of the regular season.
Valentina Gisbert earned her third straight win as well with a hard fought 2-6, 7-5, 6-0 victory at No. 6 singles. Gisbert joins Brenda Mercado with a team-best 10 wins this season.
Petya Simeonova was dominate again at No. 3 singles with a 6-3, 6-1 victory after she teamed with Jovana Antonijevic for a win at No. 1 doubles. ORU claimed the doubles point as Ceijenia Cornelius and Ximena Puentes won at No. 2 doubles to help set the tone early.
Up Next: The Golden Eagles return to Tulsa on Saturday as they host two-time defending Summit League champion Denver. Action from the Case Tennis Center is scheduled for a 10 a.m. start.
Oral Roberts 4, Chicago State 3
1. Leshia Gadacz (CSU) def. Jovana Antonijevic (ORU) 6-4, 6-2
2. hanna Pangestu (CSU) def. Ceijenia Cornelius (ORU) 7-6 (7-4), 7-6 (13-15)
3. Petya Simeonova (ORU) def. Lorea Gamboa (CSU) 6-3, 6-1
4. Marnie Perez-Ochoa (CSU) def. Brenda Mercado Jove (ORU) 2-6, 6-0, 7-5
5. Ximena Puentes (ORU) def. Monica Pulgar (CSU) 6-1, 6-2
6. Valentina Gisbert (ORU) def. Bryttish Burts (CSU) 2-6, 7-5, 6-0
1. Jovana Antonijevic/Petya Simeonova (ORU) def. Leshia Gadacz/Lorea Gamboa (CSU) 6-2
2. Ceijenia Cornelius/Ximena Puentes (ORU) def. Marnie Perez-Ochoa/Monica Pulgar (CSU) 6-4
3. Bryttish Burts/hanna Pangestu (CSU) def. Valentina Gisbert/Brenda Mercado Jove (ORU) 6-3
Oral Roberts 11-10
Chicago State 3-18
For the latest information on ORU women's tennis, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.