Match 1: Oral Roberts 3 – South Dakota 4
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma – Case Tennis Center
TULSA, Okla. - The Oral Roberts women's tennis team fell in its first Summit League match of the season to South Dakota 4-3 Saturday morning at the Case Tennis Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
The Golden Eagles claimed three of the six singles matches in today's dual. Jovana Antonijevic defeated her opponent at the No. 3 position 6-2, 6-4. Petya Simeonova won at the No. 4 singles postion 6-3, 7-5 and Ximena Puentes won at the No. 6 position 2-6, 6-1, 6-1.
Up Next: ORU will travel to Orlando, Florida, to play LIU Brooklyn on Tuesday, March 14.
Oral Roberts 3, South Dakota 4
1. Antonijevic, Simeonova (ORU) lost to Kollarova, Bondarenko (USD) 1-6
2. Cornelius, Vasiljevic (ORU) lost to Pandya, Sidenko (USD) 3-6
3. Mercado, Puentes (ORU) vs. Wich, Burns (USD) unfinished
2. Cornelius (ORU) lost to Kollarova (USD) 4-6, 5-7
3. Antonijevic (ORU) def. Sidenko (USD) 6-2, 6-4
4. Simeonova (ORU) def. Bondarenko (USD) 6-3, 7-5
5. Mercado (ORU) lost to Pandya (USd) 6-4, 3-6, 4-6
6. Puentes (ORU) def. Wich (USD) 2-6, 6-1, 6-1
For the latest information on ORU women's tennis, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go towww.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.