Score: Oral Roberts 3 – IUPUI 2 (16-25, 25-21, 25-20, 25-23)
Records: Oral Roberts (9-7, 3-0); IUPUI (11-6, 2-1)
Location: Tulsa, Okla. – Aerobics Center
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team held off IUPUI Friday night for a 3-1 win in Summit League action inside the Aerobics Center.
The Golden Eagles dropped the first set but rallied to take the next three sets and the match 16-25, 25-21, 25-20, 25-23 for the win. ORU improved to 9-7 on the season but more importantly, 3-0 in The Summit League while IUPUI fell to 11-6 and 2-1.
ORU was led by Laura Milos who poured in 25 kills with a .250 hitting percentage while adding 13 digs for her seventh double-double of the season. The sophomore continued a streak of four straight matches with at least 20 kills.
A complete team effort helped lift ORU as Jovana Poljasevic and Sadie Schaffner each tallied six blocks in the win. Continuing the defensive effort, Bria Bergman added 10 digs while Lucija Bojanjac posted 11 digs to earn her seventh double-double.
IUPI was led by Kaitlyn Hickey who tallied 14 kills and 10 digs.
Oral Roberts: Laura Milos finished with 25 kills and 13 digs while Lucija Bojanjac added 46 assists and 11 digs as the duo each posted a double-double.
IUPUI: Kaitlyn Hickey finished with 14 kills and 10 digs to post a double-double in the loss.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- After dropping the first set ORU battled in a back-and-forth second set as neither team built more than a four point advantage before the Golden Eagles closed out a narrow 25-21 win.
- In the third set ORU finished on an 8-1 run to close out the Jaguars 25-20. Jovana Poljasevic added two aces while Laura Milos posted four kills in the stretch run.
- ORU rallied back from a 17-12 deficit in the fourth set to tie the match at 18-18 on a Karyn Chrisman service ace. Both teams traded points until back-to-back kills from Lucija Bojanjac gave ORU a 23-21 advantage which was followed by kills from Milos and Poljasevic to close out the win.
- Milos has posted four straight matches with at least 20 kills and five straight double-doubles.
- During a four match win streak, ORU has hit over .200 as a team as Friday night's .239 hitting percentage is the second highest during the streak.
- During the winning streak the Golden Eagles have recorded 36 blocks as a team and no fewer than six in a match. Friday night ORU totaled eight blocks.
- Poljasevic finished with six blocks in the match her second highest total of the season. In her last three matches she has tallied 17 blocks.
- Poljasevic finished with 12 kills and a .478 hitting percentage, both season-highs for the senior.
- Bria Bergman tallied 10 digs for ORU giving the freshman a new season-high and doubling her previous season-high.
The Golden Eagles continue a three match homestand Sunday as they host IPFW at the Aerobics Center. First serve is scheduled for 1 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.