Score: Oral Roberts 3 – IPFW 0 (25-22, 25-18, 25-22)
Records: Oral Roberts (10-7, 4-0); IPFW (4-15, 1-3)
Location: Tulsa, Okla. – Aerobics Center
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team won its fifth straight match Sunday afternoon sweeping IPFW, 3-0, in Summit League action.
ORU was able to take advantage of 22 IPFW errors, combined with a solid team effort on both the offensive and defensive sides of the net for a 25-22, 25-18, 25-22 win. ORU tallied 12 team blocks and a .235 hitting percentage.
Defensively, Jovana Poljasevic recorded nine blocks while Sadie Schaffner added seven to help keep the Mastodon offense at bay. IPFW hit just .140 in the match which included a .000 hitting percentage in the second set.
- Lucija Bojanjac passed the 2,000 assist mark for her career (2,013) with her 31 assists on Sunday. Bojanjac has 718 assists through 17 matches this season.
- Bojanjac currently is 10th on the ORU all-time assists list and is just 137 away from passing Kristen Dorsey (1986-88) for ninth on the career records list.
- The 12 team blocks for ORU was the second most this season after posting 13 against Southeastern Louisiana.
- ORU has won five straight matches the first five-match winning streak since the 2013 season when the Golden Eagles posted two five-match win streaks during the season en route to a 22-7 record.
- The 4-0 start in conference play in the first since the 2013 season when ORU started 5-0 in the Southland. The last time ORU started 4-0 in The Summit League was 2006 when the Golden Eagles started 10-0 and ended 11-1 claiming the Summit League regular season and postseason championships.
- ORU dominated the first set jumping out to a 13-5 lead. IPFW used a late 7-2 run to pull within 24-22, however a Jovana Poljasevic gave ORU an early 1-0 lead in the match.
- A late run in the second set helped the Golden Eagles put away the Mastodons with an 8-1 run before winning 25-18.
- Laura Milos has recorded 20 or more kills in five straight matches. It was also the second time this season Milos finished with a hitting percentage over .400 while she posted a .412 percentage on Sunday.
- ORU now leads the all-time series 9-7 over IPFW and snaps a two-match losing streak.
The Golden Eagles finish their home stand Friday as they host Omaha in a battle of The Summit League's only two undefeated teams. First serve is scheduled for 6 p.m.