Score: South Dakota 3 – Oral Roberts 2 (25-11, 22-25, 14-25, 25-23, 15-8)
Records: South Dakota (7-11, 1-4); Oral Roberts (10-9, 4-2)
Location: Vermillion, S.D. – DakotaDome
VERMILLION, S.D. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team dropped a heart-breaker Sunday afternoon, 3-2, at the University of South Dakota in Summit League action.
The Golden Eagles built a 2-1 lead in the match but USD rallied in the final two sets to close out a 25-11, 22-25, 14-25, 25-23, 15-8 win. It was the first five-set loss for ORU who was 3-0 in such matches this season.
Lucija Bojanjac continued to pace a steady offense as she posted a double-double with 54 assists and 16 digs. Laura Milos and Nika Mostahinic were also solid on offense as Milos posted 25 kills and a .271 hitting percentage with Mostahinic adding 15 kills.
South Dakota used a balanced offensive attack as four players finished with double figure kills, led by Audrey Reeg's 19 kills and 11 digs. Brittany Jessen also posted a double-double with 52 assists and 15 digs.
Oral Roberts: Lucija Bojanjac tallied 54 assists and 16 while Laura Milos added 25 kills and a .271 hitting percentage.
South Dakota: Brittany Jessen posted 52 assists and 15 digs in the win while Audrey Reeg finished with 19 kills and a .277 hitting percentage.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU led the match in nearly every category including kills, assists and digs, however, USD edged the Golden Eagles in hitting percentage with a .288 mark as ORU finished with a .255 clip as a team.
- Lucija Bojanjac added 54 assists in the match for her sixth match with at least 50 assists.
- Bojanjac tallied her ninth double-double of the season as she added 16 digs. It was her second highest total of the season after finishing with 17 Friday against Omaha.
- Laura Milos finished with 25 kills in the match giving her 11 matches of 20 or more kills this season. She has also tallied 20 or more in six of the last seven matches for ORU.
- Kari Anderson added a season-high 13 digs in the loss.
- After winning five straight, the Golden Eagles have lost their lost back-to-back matches for the first time since dropping four straight, September 12-19.
- The loss is the first road loss for the Golden Eagles since falling 3-0 at UNLV September 12.
- USD now leads the all-time series with ORU 3-2.
ORU will continue on the road Friday at defending league champion Denver. The Golden Eagles will return home next Sunday for the first of three straight at the Aerobics Center starting with Western Illinois October 18.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.