Score: South Dakota 3 – Oral Roberts 1 (26-24, 25-23, 21-25, 25-22)
Records: South Dakota (10-12, 4-5); Oral Roberts (11-11, 5-4)
Location: Aerobics Center – Tulsa, Okla.
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team fell Friday afternoon, 3-1, to visiting South Dakota in Summit League action inside the Cooper Aerobics Center.
The Golden Eagles and Coyotes kept the score close throughout the match as neither team could pull away. However, South Dakota was able to edge ORU with a 26-24, 25-23, 21-25, 25-22 victory and sweep the season series.
Outside hitters, Laura Milos and Karyn Chrisman led ORU with 27 and 17 kills respectively while both players hit over .300 in the match. Milos crossed the 900 kill mark giving her 926 in her two seasons, while the 17 kills for Chrisman was a season-high.
South Dakota got a balanced attack as three players finished with double figure kills on the offensive side of the net and four players added double figure dig totals. The Coyotes also added nine blocks as team.
Oral Roberts: Laura Milos tallied 27 kills and a .306 hitting percentage while she added 17 digs for her ninth double-double of the season. Karyn Chrisman posted a season-high 17 kills with an impressive .325 hitting percentage.
South Dakota: Kelsey Biltoft led USD with 13 kills while Brittany Jessen finished with 45 assists and 17 digs. Jessen also added two blocks on the defensive side of the net.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Neither team was able to gain a sizeable advantage during the match with 29 ties and 12 lead changes in the four set match.
- Laura Milos posted her fourth straight match with 20 or more kills and has 14 this season. She has also tallied 20 or more kills in nine of her last 10 matches.
- Milos in her last 10 matches is averaging 5.61 kills per set with 230 total kills and a .262 hitting percentage.
- Milos now has 926 kills in her two seasons at ORU and is just 55 away from breaking into the ORU all-time top 10 kill list.
- Lucija Bojanjac posted her seventh 50 assist match of the season and earned her 10th double-double of the year and 21st of her career.
- Bojanjac is 67 assists away from Brittany Arnold (2003-06) and Juliane Vieira (2007-09) mark in the all-time assists list at ORU which ranks sixth. Bojanjac this season has passed Maura Cicala (1,753) in 10th, Kristen Dorsey (2,150) in ninth and Edla Sibele Theis in eighth.
- South Dakota sweeps the regular season series from ORU and takes a 4-2 lead in the all-time series.
The Golden Eagles continue their home stretch as they host South Dakota State in a Sunday afternoon matinee. First serve from the Aerobics Center is schedule for 1 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.