Score: IUPUI 3 – Oral Roberts 2 (16-25, 25-23, 24-26, 25-22, 15-10)
Records: IUPUI (19-7, 10-2); Oral Roberts (13-12, 7-5)
Location: Indianapolis, Ind. – The Jungle
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team dropped a heartbreaker Sunday afternoon at IUPUI falling 3-2 in a five-set marathon.
The Golden Eagles jumped out to an early lead with a dominate first set victory, however the final four sets were a back and forth fight before the Jaguars pulled out a 16-25, 25-23, 24-26, 25-22, 15-10 win.
Sophomore Laura Milos nearly carried the Golden Eagles to a win Sunday as she posted a season-high 35 kills. The sophomore reached the 1,000 kill mark for her career moving into the ORU single-season and all-time kill lists.
Setter Lucija Bojanjac also had a career day as she tallied a career-best 69 assists and added 10 digs. It was the 12th double-double of the season for Bojanjac.
The Jaguars were able to edge the Golden Eagles in the final set as they took advantage of errors by the visiting team. ORU struggled hitting .091 while IUPUI posted a .294 hitting percentage in the fifth set.
Oral Roberts: Laura Milos posted a season-high 35 kills while Lucija Bojanjac tallied a career-high 69 assists.
IUPUI: Kaitlyn Hickey led the Jaguars with 17 kills and 15 digs as she added a .295 hitting percentage.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- The Golden Eagles led the entire first set in a dominate 25-16 win. However, through the final four sets both teams totaled 30 ties and 12 lead changes. The fifth set along had eight ties and six lead changes before the Jaguars earned a 15-10 win.
- Milos posted a season-high 35 kills on 72 attacks. She has now posted seven consecutive matches with at least 20 kills. The sophomore was three kills shy of her career-best 38 kills at Arkansas last season.
- Milos surpassed 1,000 kills for her career and moved into the ORU career kills top 10 list. She passes Sandra Puala Theis (981 kills) from 1995-97 and Maja Devic (990 kills) from 2003-06 and stands in eighth.
- Milos also moved into eighth on the ORU single-season kills list with 512 kills this season. She surpassed her old mark of 502 which was the eighth best single-season mark.
- Bojanjac tallied a career-high 69 assists as she bested her previous high of 65 assists set last season at Denver.
- Bojanjac reached 60 plus assists for the second time this season and fourth time in her career she reached 60 or more assists.
- Jovana Poljasevic tallied 12 kills and posted a .346 hitting percentage. It was her second consecutive match over a .300 hitting percentage.
- IUPUI finished with 21 team blocks the most by an ORU opponent this season.
- ORU and IUPUI split the season series with the home team winning each match.
The Golden Eagles take a week off before heading to Western Illinois next Sunday for a 1 p.m. start.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.