Score: Omaha 3 – Oral Roberts 0 (25-20, 25-21, 25-20)
Records: Omaha (16-11, 11-3); Oral Roberts (14-13, 8-6)
Location: Omaha, Neb. – Baxter Arena
OMAHA, Neb. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team was swept Tuesday night 3-0 at the University of Nebraska Omaha in Summit League action.
The Golden Eagles ended their road trip with a split as the Mavericks also sweep the season series. UNO controlled most of the match with a 25-20, 25-21, 25-20 victory.
After one of their best offensive performances of the season on Sunday, the Golden Eagles struggled hitting just .126 in the match. It was the lowest hitting percentage by ORU since posting a .125 mark against Omaha at home.
Laura Milos saw her streak of 20 or more kills come to an end as she finished with nine along with senior Jovana Poljasevic. Poljasevic was a bright spot for ORU offensively hitting .412 in the match.
Both Megan Schmale and Amy Taylor added nine kills apiece for the Mavericks as they helped UNO to a .250 hitting percentage.
Oral Roberts: Jovana Poljasevic finished with nine kills and a .412 hitting percentage for the Golden Eagles.
Omaha: Megan Schmale and Amy Taylor both finished with nine kills while Taylor posted a .500 hitting percentage. Schmale also added four blocks on the defensive side of the net.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU failed to hit over the .200 mark in all three matches and posted its second lowest hitting percentage of the season at .126.
- Lucija Bojanjac recorded a double-double with 32 assists and 12 digs for her 13th double-double of the year and 24th double-double of her career.
- Poljasevic posted her second straight match with a hitting percentage over .400.
- Milos ended her streak of eight consecutive 20 kills matches.
- It was just the fifth time the Golden Eagles have been swept this season and first time since a 3-0 loss to Omaha at the Aerobics Center.
- Omaha sweeps the season series with ORU as the Golden Eagles lead the all-time series 5-3.
The Golden Eagles return to the Aerobics Center to close out the regular season against Denver on Friday and North Dakota State on Sunday. ORU will honor its two seniors Friday night against Denver.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.