Score: Omaha 3 – Oral Roberts 0 (25-13, 25-20, 25-10)
Records: Omaha (18-12); Oral Roberts (14-16)
Location: Denver, Colo. – Hamilton Gym
DENVER, Colo. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team's season came to an end Friday night in the quarterfinals of The Summit League Tournament with a 3-0 loss to Omaha.
The Golden Eagles (14-16) struggled in their opening match turning in season lows in a number of categories in a 25-13, 25-20, 25-10 loss. Omaha won its first ever NCAA Division I postseason contest as they won all three meetings against ORU this season.
Sophomore Laura Milos was held in check tallying just eight kills.
Shelby Cox was the only Golden Eagle to post a positive hitting percentage with four kills on seven attempts for a .429 clip.
Omaha also did not have an individual post double digit kills, however the Mavericks hit .329 as a team while ORU hit -.028.
Oral Roberts: Laura Milos finished with eight kills and five digs.
Omaha: Mackenzie Horkey tallied nine kills and a .238 hitting percentage.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- ORU posted a positive hitting percentage in just one set Friday as they tallied a .032 percentage in the second set.
- The -.028 hitting percentage was a season-low for ORU and first time in over 10 years the Golden Eagles recorded a negative hitting percentage.
- Laura Milos failed to record double digit kills for just the fifth time this season.
- The Mavericks posted eight team blocks to Oral Roberts' two.
- The 10 points scored in the third set equals the season low for a single set for ORU (Sept. 12 at UNLV).
- Omaha sweeps all three meetings with ORU during the 2015 season.
- ORU now leads the all-time series 5-4.
- The Golden Eagles finish the season 14-16 and fail to reach the .500 mark for the first time since the 2010 season.
For the latest information on ORU volleyball, follow @ORUAthletics on Twitter or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.