Score: Game One: Oral Roberts 3 - Incarnate Word 0 Game Two: Oral Roberts 3, La.-Monroe 0
Records: ORU (5-2) - UIW (1-4) - ULM (2-5)
Location: Farris Center - Conway, Ark.
CONWAY, Ark. – Junior Laura Milos showed why she was named a Summit League Player to Watch during the preseason as she powered the Golden Eagles to a pair of sweeps Saturday afternoon in Conway, Ark., extending the teams' winning streak to five matches.
For her efforts, the Porec, Croatia native was tabbed Tournament MVP and to the All-Tournament Team. Middle blocker Shelby Cox and setter Lucija Bojanjac join Milos on the All-Tournament Team after posting superb performances throughout the last four matches.
In the opener of the day, the Golden Eagles (5-2) ran past Incarnate Word, 3-0 (27-25, 25-17, 25-22) before taking its afternoon match against Louisiana-Monroe, 3-0 (25-21, 26-24, 25-23).
Inside the Box Score
- The Golden Eagles topped the .300 mark in attack percentage during both matches Saturday.
- As a squad, ORU combined for 21 blocks on the day. Cox finished with four during the two matches to lead the team.
- Milos record a match high 26 kills against ULM to lead all players. It marks the third 20+ kills match of the season for the junior.
- Bojanjac record 70 assists, propelling herself into fifth all-time on the ORU career assist recordbook with 2,755.
- ORU swept three of its four matches during the weekend. The team only allowed UCA to go to more than three sets.
- Milos finished the weekend with 70 kills, going for 6.36 kills per set.
- Milos also recorded 21 service aces while ORU's opponents combined for 13 against the Golden Eagles in four matches.
The Golden Eagles will travel to Lubbock, Texas next weekend to compete in the Texas Tech Invitational Friday and Saturday.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.