Score: ORU 1 – North Dakota State 3
Records: ORU (12-12, 4-6 SL) – NDSU (7-15, 4-5 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – After taking the opening set, the Oral Roberts volleyball team looked in command, but North Dakota State claimed the next three sets for a 3-1 win in The Summit League Saturday night at the Aerobics Center (25-19, 23-25, 16-25, 16-25).
Laura Milos and Shelby Cox combined for 30 of the Golden Eagles' 48 kills getting 19 and 11, respectively. It was the second set where momentum swung to the Bison as they edged ORU in a set featuring 12 ties and two lead changes as they moved to 5-4 in league play and dropped the home side to 4-6 in the conference.
Inside the Box Score
- Lucija Bojanjac tallied 39 set assists in the four-set match, while adding four kills on five attempts and six digs.
- ORU recorded nine service aces against the Bison getting five by Milos, two from Katarina Mikulic, and one each from Tori Roe and Maggie DiPronio.
- As a team, the Golden Eagles finished with 63 digs, the third-most in a single-match this season led by Roe (20) and Mikulic (11). Twenty digs marked the fourth-highest total for Roe this year.
- ORU's hitting percentage dropped between every set going from .302 in the opener to .029 in the finale as it closed out the match hitting .181.
- NDSU controlled the net throughout the night out-blocking ORU by a 10-3 margin.
- Hadley Steffen led three Bison in double-digit kills totaling a match-high 22 and Brianna Rasmusson posted a 44-assist, 12-dig double-double.
ORU will try to rebound from the home setback traveling to Brookings, South Dakota Oct. 28 for a matchup against South Dakota State. The match is slated for a 7 p.m. start.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading the Golden Eagles Front Row App at ORUAthletics.com/frontrow or in the App Store.