Match One Score: ORU 3 – UCF 1
Match One Records: ORU (2-6) – UCF (3-4)
Match Two Score: ORU 3 – Southern 0
Match Two Records: ORU (3-6) – Southern (0-4)
Location: Farris Center (Conway, Ark.)
CONWAY, Ark. – With less than a day's notice from the travel change, the Oral Roberts volleyball team picked up a pair of impressive wins over UCF in four sets (20-25, 27-25, 25-19, 25-21) and Southern in three (25-15, 25-15, 25-13) during the UCA Classic Friday at the Farris Center.
The Golden Eagles let a late lead slip away in dropping the opening frame to the Knights. Forced to save a set point in the second set, ORU was able to turn momentum in their favor winning the final three to claim a win over UCF. The offense picked up drastically for the decisive set as the Golden Eagles hit .382 in the fourth, getting 18 kills on 34 swings.
Featuring a balanced, offensive onslaught, ORU dominated the Jaguars in the second match of the day hitting a season-best .420 with 44 kills on 81 attempts. It was the Golden Eagles' highest hitting percentage in a match since Sept. 2 of last year against Alcorn State (.444).
Inside the Match One Box Score
- Laura Milos led all players in the match with 22 kills and picked up 10 digs for her third double-double of the 2017 campaign.
- CeCe Madison joined Milos with a double-double recording 15 kills and a career-high 15 digs.
- Tori Roe turned in a season-best 23 digs for ORU and added five assists in one of her best all-around performances of the season.
- Setters Bria Bergman and Lucija Bojanjac combined for 43 set assists, led by Bergman's 27. Bojanjac totaled 16 assists and helped key a pair of 6-0 scoring runs with impressive serving for the Golden Eagles in sets two and three.
- After allowing the Knights to hit .306 in set one, the ORU defense limited the UCF attack down the stretch to finish with a .184 hitting percentage against. Kia Bright was the only UCF player in double figures with 13 kills and added 13 digs.
Inside the Match Two Box Score
- Led by five service aces from Katarina Mikulic, four in the opening set, the Golden Eagles totaled 12 aces for the match. It was the first time reaching double figures this season as Milos and Shelby Cox added three aces, while Madison had one.
- Madison paced ORU with a match-best 13 kills and nine digs.
- Milos hit 12 kills to secure double figures for the ninth time this year and Cox added nine kills on 17 swings for a .471 hitting percentage as she gradually returns from an injury.
- Bojanjac posted 20 set assists distributing the ball across the offense as seven different players recorded a kill. Bergman turned in 11 assists and matched her career-best with four kills.
The Golden Eagles make their home debut next weekend hosting the ORU Invitational playing three times from Sept. 15-16 at the Aerobics Center. The tournament starts with Wyoming and Central Arkansas at 5 p.m. Friday with ORU set to battle cross-town rival Tulsa at 7:30 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.