FORT WAYNE, Ind. – Oral Roberts senior Laura Milos celebrated her birthday in style leading the Golden Eagles' volleyball team to a four-set win at Fort Wayne (25-11, 21-25, 25-20, 25-16) Friday night at Arnie Ball Court with 28 kills and a .379 hitting percentage.
The senior added 14 digs for the double-double on the road as did CeCe Madison. The sophomore tallied a 10-kill, 10-dig performance as the Golden Eagles remain in first place in The Summit League standings.
ORU dominated the opening set by posting a .542 hitting percentage with only one error, but the Mastodons answered right back controlling the net to even the match. Holding a slim, 17-16 advantage in the pivotal third set, the Golden Eagles used a 4-0 run and put away the set 25-20 before closing out their sixth-straight win over Fort Wayne
Inside the Box Score
- Lucija Bojanjac wasted no time in becoming the first player in ORU volleyball history to reach 4,000 career assists on just the second point of the match. The senior is the 11th player in Summit League history to hit the milestone and sets her sights on the conference record of 4,993 set by Stephanie Schuricht from Valparaiso.
- Bojanjac finished the night with 21 assists and 11 digs for her third double-double this season. Bria Bergman led the Golden Eagles with 26 set assists and added two service aces during a late stretch in the fourth set to go with 12 digs for the second double-double of her career.
- Milos recorded her sixth double-double of the campaign with 28 kills and 14 digs totaling 20 or more kills for the ninth time in 20 appearances.
- CeCe Madison joined Milos with her sixth double-double adding 10 kills and 10 digs.
- Tori Roe led the ORU defense with 17 digs, her fourth highest total of the year.
- Megan Doran paced the team with six block assists as the Golden Eagles held a 10-8 edge in blocking over the Mastodons.
- Katie Crowe and Sydney Boerst each had 11 kills leading Fort Wayne offensively.
ORU closes its road swing heading to Macomb, Illinois, for a matchup with Western Illinois slated for Sunday afternoon at 1 p.m.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.