Score: Oral Roberts 1 – North Dakota State 3
Records: ORU (9-18, 6-9 SL) – NDSU (8-18, 6-9 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – Despite a career-high 31 digs from Tori Roe on Senior Night, the Oral Roberts volleyball team was unable to overcome a resilient North Dakota State side in a four-set loss (23-25, 25-23, 25-27, 25-27) Friday night at the Aerobics Center.
The night-long battle featured 38 tie scores and 11 lead changes across the four sets as the largest lead for either side was four points. The Golden Eagles led 5-1 in the third set, while the Bison held four-point advantages during the second and fourth frames.
ORU picked up its only set victory in the second stanza as it erased an early deficit with a 4-0 run capped by a block from Bri Greenlee and Bria Bergman. The Golden Eagles build a quick margin in the third trying to take a lead in the contest, but it was NDSU that finally secured the stanza on its fifth set point before closing out the win.
The loss dropped ORU into a three-way tie for fifth place in The Summit League standings with North Dakota and North Dakota State heading into Sunday's regular season finale.
Inside the Box Score.
- Roe became the first ORU player to reach 30 or more digs in a single match during her tenure. The senior moved into third place on the all-time digs list in program history passing Cris Alves (2003-06) as the St. Louis, Missouri, native now stands at 1,611 career digs.
- Bergman was three kills shy of a rare triple-double as the senior finished with 48 set assists, 17 digs and seven kills.
- CeCe Madison registered a match-high 17 kills and added 14 digs, while pacing the team with five block assists.
- Inka Inkret added a 10-kill, 18-dig double-double for the Golden Eagles and Katarina Mikulic tallied 12 digs. Senior Lara Picht chipped in eight kills, including four in the opening set.
- ORU reached the century mark for total digs for the third time in 2018 recording 101 Friday as five players reached double digits.
- Bergman, Picht and Roe, along with athletic trainer Jess Van Dyk, were honored before the match as part of the Golden Eagles' Senior Night festivities.
ORU puts the finishing touches on the 2018 regular season Sunday afternoon at the Aerobics Center hosting the Mavericks of Omaha needing a win to advance to The Summit League Championships. First serve is slated for 1 p.m. with live video and stats available at www.ORUAthletics.com.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.