Match One Score: Little Rock 0 – Oral Roberts 3
Records: UALR (0-6, 0-0 Sun Belt) – ORU (4-3, 0-0 SL)
Match Two Score: Air Force 3 – Oral Roberts 2
Records: AF (2-4, 0-0 MW) – ORU (4-4, 0-0 SL)
Location: Aerobics Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
TULSA, Okla. – The Oral Roberts volleyball team came away with a split Saturday on the final day of the 2019 ORU Invitational sweeping Little Rock (25-23, 25-16, 25-20) before a heartbreaking five-set loss to Air Force (22-25, 26-24, 24-26, 25-17, 8-15) at the Aerobics Center.
A block by Bri Greenlee and CeCe Madison helped the Golden Eagles jump out to a 7-1 advantage in the opening set against the Trojans. After Little Rock fought back to even the frame late, ORU closed the set and went on for a decisive win in the second stanza. The Golden Eagles led by as many as 11 points thanks to their dominance at the net recording four blocks in the frame.
ORU used a 7-0 run early in the final set to put away the Trojans and Inka Inkret's service ace capped the sweep.
In the finale, the Golden Eagles rallied back from a 2-1 set deficit to force yet another fifth set in the early part of the season by hitting 14 kills on 27 swings. The Falcons scored five of the opening six points in the finale and finished off the decision.
Madison landed on the All-Tournament Team for the second-straight weekend after posting a double-double in all three matches.
Inside the Match One Box Score
- For the second-consecutive match, Madison was the only Golden Eagles player to reach double digits in the kills and digs categories finishing with another double-double on 13 kills and 12 digs.
- Greenlee joined elite company in ORU history as the senior jumped to 10th all-time in career block assists powering the team with a match-high five block assists. She moved by Debora dos Santos (1995-98) and currently has 230 in her tenure.
- Inkret added nine kills, including four in set one, while Greenlee tallied seven for the match. The senior hit four kills on seven swings in the third set to secure the victory and ended with a .375 hitting percentage.
- The Golden Eagles earned their second sweep of the 2019 season.
Inside the Match Two Box Score
- Shoopman paced the ORU offense putting away 18 kills on a .361 hitting percentage and added three service aces.
- Greenlee followed up by tallying a career-high 13 kills in the final match hitting at a .407 clip.
- Madison registered another double-double effort behind 12 kills and 11 digs.
- Thiessen led the Golden Eagles with a match-best 22 digs, while Lawson turned in 43 set assists.
ORU closes a six-match homestand Wednesday night as it welcomes cross-town rival Tulsa in a mid-week test at the Aerobics Center. First serve is slated for 7:30 p.m. live on the ORU Sports Network.
For the latest information on ORU Volleyball, follow the Golden Eagles on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or go to www.ORUAthletics.com. Fans can also receive updates on the team by downloading two mobile apps, ORU Golden Eagles Live and ORU Front Row, available on the App Store and Google Play.